Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trees in Love



As I sat in meditation this morning, attempting to calm the whirlpools of the mind and contemplate the vast spaciousness of emptiness (no small task!), I happened to focus my gaze up and outward, out through the window of my meditation room. It's a view I have looked upon many times before, out over my neighbor's yard, her tin-roofed shed, and up into the canopy of pecan trees that graces my block. But this morning I saw something I had never noticed before: two trees, "independent" beings each with its own root system, their long trunks rising gracefully from the earth, having grown so close together at their crowns so as to intermingle, their branches weaving together in an embrace of shared foliage. I thought it such a beautiful symbol of love...

2 comments:

Chodpa said...

Thanks for sharing this image and reflections .... beautiful in the sunlight ....

may your meditations be filled with ease, and awareness and knowing simply arise ... wherever you are ...

best wishes in the Dharma,

Chodpa

Lori Witzel said...

:-)

Merry merry joy joy to you and yours, until we chat again!