Monday, October 5, 2015

A Healing Journey to the Land of Fire and Ice


I'm very excited to share that a story I wrote about one of my Icelandic adventures has just been published by elephant journal, along with some of my photos from the trip.

Here's a little preview:

“Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” ~ Mary Oliver

Nearly a year ago, in October of 2014, I fell down some steps and sustained a severe spinal injury, including compression fractures in my thoracic spine, bruising in my sacrum and tailbone area, and whiplash in my neck.

Thankfully, my spinal cord was undamaged and I suffered no paralysis or permanent impairment (though I did lose an inch of height due to the compression fractures).

After many months, I have made a significant recovery, with the help of intensive physical therapy and countless other healing modalities, and yet the healing process continues. Though I have been cautious about over-exerting myself, a broken back can’t keep a good woman down, so this past June I ventured to Iceland, alone, heeding a call from somewhere in the depths of my soul.

I felt that my intuition was guiding me there, though I had no idea why.

In the Land of Fire and Ice, I experienced several everyday miracles, including a profound physical ordeal that pushed me to my limits, ultimately resulting in deep release and healing...

Click here to continue reading.

No comments: